The first ever response cast, Indiggnation! The first installment documents issues with digg.com and foreseen problems with the OpenID protocol.
- Ian can be found at www.notian.net
Ryan can be found at ohryan.ca
- Intro music is Melt-Banana – Showroom Dummies
- Phrase BlogCast
- Here is the story I mentioned a digg that links to Engadget, which links to cNet. Shuffle vs Super Shuffle. I did find another digg article that has very similar text, but linked directly to the Net article.
- The ‘Premiere Episode’ that Ryan mentioned was when we tried to do a podcast with a $7 thrift store microphone that sucked soooooooo much balls. We also sounded like idiots almost the whole time. If we ever get famous, it could be released to embarrass us.
- Ryan’s digg: Better Bandwidth Protection
- Top 5 Hacker movies
- Open ID
- I did a test with the OpenID system on LJ and it says “You have to be logged in” as opposed to presenting you with a log in screen (though this may be different than when Ryan first tested it.) I tested it on Deadjournal.com, and noticed a problem in that if you don’t have a paid account, you don’t get a subdomain, and the OpenID auth uses user.livejournal.com so it links you just to an error page, good going LJ!
- The obscure URL Ryan mentioned is located, here.
Next episode of indiggnation? Coming…. maybe.